This is a typical protocol for 1-4 sessions (for example a client suffering tension headaches)
First session (120mins):
1. Establish history of client- have forms completed:
Complete psychophysiological observations form
Complete depletion to renewal plan and include:
i) Establish what does client hopes to accomplish
ii) Consider all emotions that have been experienced of the last few days and write them
in the appropriate quadrants.
iii) Write the word ‘now’ where the client spends most of their time.
iv) Write the word ‘goal’ where client wants to spend more time
v) Identify emotions and behaviours that typically get in the way of accomplishing the
vi) Identify what thoughts, attitudes, behaviours or emotions will help client achieve their
2. Educate about basic HRV concepts
Provide impact of stress client handout and discuss.
Record baseline HRV 2-4minutes
Identify increasing coherence with suitable technique eg heart focussed breathing.
3. Educate about hypnotherapy
4. Give homework and provide personal practice log handout.
Later sessions (2-4: 1-2 weeks apart: 60min):
1. Check homework
2. Teach HFB, QCT, HLI at a minimum
3. Undertake HRV check and show changes that have occurred with client
Recommend Practice with HRV Technologies
4. Undertake hypnotherapy session.
5. Give Homework
Longer Protocols up to 12 sessions (normally 6-8 sessions:
applicable for medical issues such as, but not limited to cancer, obesity, chronic pain or mental health issues such as depression, PTSD, drug and alcohol issues- These are multiaxial problems)
Following sessions from 2-4 onwards
1. Clients are seen up to twice per week for the first few weeks.
2. Recommendation would normally be made to purchase technology that measures HRV.
3. Can be given games for support.
4. Recommend Practice with HRV Technologies
5. Hypnotherapy sessions are adjusted accordingly.